(gentle music) - [Sophia] The boy from nowhere, and a girl from the other side of the world.
- I've come home to look after my grandfather, not chase after young fellows.
What is your name?
- Tom Jones, Miss Western.
- Well, I'm sure I haven't changed nearly half as much as you have, Mr. Jones.
(fruit thumping) (upbeat music) I didn't drop it on purpose.
- Of course not.
- Lost your heart, didn't even know it was in danger.
(Sophia giggling) - [Sophia] Home is right here.
- Home is right here for me too.
I never want to leave.
- I found myself telling him all sorts of things I never talk about.
- [Tom] Now there's the two of us.
You and me and the world before us.
(gentle music) Sophia.
I cannot live in it without you.
(gentle music) - Poor beggarly bastardly fellow.
- How dare you?
He's an angel.
- [Tom] I love her.
- [Squire Allworthy] She's to be married.
Can you now finally accept she cannot be yours?
- [Sophia] I do not consent to this match.
- Why did I ever think I was special?
Why did I ever think you were?
What a world that counts the coins in a young man's pocket and ignores his natural grace?
Honor, I refuse this marriage.
So I must leave this house tonight.
- But she didn't marry Blifil but she came after me.
- [Partridge] You're never going to find her.
- Watch me.
(gentle music) - Mr. Jones.
- All I've ever had to offer you is my love.
(gentle music) I long to be worthy of your sacrifice.
- I've said it to my pillow and I've said it to the clouds.
I've said it to the trees, but I've never said it to you.
I love you, Tom, I love you.
(gentle music) A man can face defeat and exile and come back fighting.
(gentle music) - Well then, Mr. Jones.
- Here is my hand.
(women laugh) (all cheer) (upbeat music) As for what story lies ahead for Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Jones.
(upbeat music) Well, what do you think?
(upbeat music) Love conquers all.